Latest from Twitter
Pinterest Magento Linker
Posted date: 14 Mar 2012 | Posted by: admin | 9 comments
Pinterest is one of the hottest social networks and is growing very fast. It is on news, blogs, tv, radio, youtube, twitter, everywhere, everybody is talking about it.
So why need to integrate Pinterest to Magento? To say simply, it will be a great channel to promote your products or anything you want!
Then the next question how we will integrate it to our Magento e-commerce site?
We developed an FREE extension names Pingento that supports all things you need to promote your products to the hottest sharing network Pinterest!
Below is our step by step guide to get the extension runs well in your web store.
1. Download and deploy Pingento from Magento Connect Manager by using Magento Connect 2.0 Key (or Magento Connect 1.0 Key)
2. Just need to clear all cache, logout and re-login again (to avoid 404 error page)
If you install it successfully, you can see a new menu for Pingento in your magento back office.
3. Click on the sub menu Configuration to go to the config page of Pingento, enable Pingento and may be other social network buttons like FB Like, G+, Twitter Tweet,… I like the vertical scrollbar layout, so enable this option.
4. That all you need to do, go straightly to your product page, you will get the layout like the following image.
5. And start to Pin your products to the hottest social network PINTEREST!
Hope you have fun with our extension!
Feel free to comment here if you have any problem, or contact us if you want something more about Pingento!
Because there are many people have problems with displaying the horizontal layout in custom Magento themes, we clarify more about the layout processing of Pingento here:
- If horizontal layout, then your custom theme / template need to support standard “extrahint” of Magento
It means in the product view page (your_theme/template/catalog/product/view.phtml), you should see the command “getChildHtml(‘extrahint’) ?>” somewhere.
If not, then you need to put this command to somewhere in this file, like under the product name block for example.
- If vertical layout, then the interface of Pingento will be included into your product page automaticall
Mirage Design team